Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Mold Damage - Tips from SERVPRO of West Hamilton / Oxford
Mold is born out of moisture. Whether water damage brought on from leaks, flooding, or even humidity, even a little moisture can cause mold to begin to grow in as little as 48 hours. Since time is so important in regards to preventing mold growth, our biggest tip is for you to ensure the drying process after water damage is done thoroughly and completely. This can be ensured by our professionals here at SERVPRO of West Hamilton / Oxford. After that, our tips remain fairly standard: be sure not to touch anything that might be mold and if you have a suspicion that you have mold call us for a diagnosis!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (513) 737-8776
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of West Hamilton / Oxford for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of West Hamilton / Oxford has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Hanover Township
- Lemon Township
- Morgan Township